Let us manage your Condo/HOA Community
With all the demands placed on Association Boards and Condo/HOA owners, the hassles and obstacles that arise can be overwhelming—or at the very least, frustrating.
Kalles Community Management implements proven, yet flexible, systems that resolve all association concerns. Professional management ensures that your association activities are handled in compliance with the constantly changing government. This is done in a way to protect and maximize your association, and in the process hopefully improve the quality of life within the association. In addition, the full-service operation allows for improved cost-effectiveness through volume purchasing, and skilled maintenance managers to assess issues with your association.
Kalles Community Management handles the day-to-day needs of your Condo/HOA. From paying bills and working with vendors, to the beautification of your property and maintaining compliance with governing documents, we will help bring continuity and stability to your Condo/HOA 24 hours a day. We can customize our services to meet your needs.
Condo/HOA Management Request
Our Condo/HOA Management Services
- Prepare and mail all billing statements/coupon books to homeowners as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate with bank to update our systems with cash receipts on a daily basis.
- Collect and deposit all payments and deposits made to our office on a daily basis.
- Distribute Collection Policy to membership as required by law.
- Review and approve all invoices submitted for payment and submit invoices for Board of Directors' approval.
- Prepare all checks for vendors or service providers.
- Reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly basis including general ledger, income statement, and balance sheet for all owners accessible on the owner portal.
- Obtain letters of engagement from CPA for audit, distribute to the Board for signature, and return to CPA.
- Coordinate tax return preparation with Association's CPA.
- Close out fiscal year and update system with new budget annually.
- Assist Board with preparing annual budget for the coming year and distribute to all homeowners as required by law.
- Contract with professional Reserve Study preparer once every 3 years as required by law and to ensure the Association has an updated Review Reserve Study annually to plan for upcoming projects.
- Execute any CD investments, renewals, or transfers as directed by the Board.
- Update vendor files annually. Reconcile, generate, and mail annual 1099’s to required vendors.
- Answer homeowner and vendor inquiries regarding dues and account receivables daily. Provide account recaps as needed.
- Provide current account balance to title companies during sale of homes in the community.
- Maintain and update bank signature cards annually.
- Maintain assessment rolls including coordination of closing information with the title companies.
- Charge, collect, and deposit of assessments into Association's bank account insured by the FDIC.
- Preparation and processing of past due notices, intent to lien notices and liens in accordance with the policies of the association.
- Contact attorneys for additional collection procedures.
- Maintain operating and reserve accounts.
- Accounting and backup data system.
- Assist auditor for annual tax and audit preparation.
- Prepare resale certificates and escrow questionnaire information.
- Ensure Corporation Filing is filed with Secretary of State.
- Frequency of attendance per contract.
- Prepare Board meeting packets in advance of meetings.
- Executive session attendance as requested by the Board.
- Prepare and distribute all paperwork associated with the annual meeting (notice, agenda, proxy, ballot, minutes, return envelopes, etc.).
- Manage all returned proxies and keep the Board informed of whether or not a quorum has been achieved.
- Attend meetings and provide administrative support (check people in, hand out ballots, count ballots, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain copies of all correspondence on behalf of the Association in an electronic format.
- Respond to all email correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and/or distribute newsletters per contract.
- Maintain homeowner information database and keep current on a daily basis.
- Serve as primary contact and liaison for Board with but not limited to:
- Association vendors
- Legal counsel
- Insurance brokers/agents
- All parties involved in home sales (lenders, assessors, title companies, HOAs, realtors)
- Provide for 24/7 after hours emergency services.
- Maintain corporate documents.
- Provide a team of customer service professionals to handle all incoming calls from homeowners, vendors, parties to a real estate transaction, vendors, board members etc., including a dedicated person to your community that is familiar with the community, rules and policies, and practices as established by the Board.
- Manage and assure all required Association insurance is in force and renewed annually.
- Coordinate preparation and execution of final contract documentation, including the verification of proper insurance, updated license status, lien releases, etc.
- Prepare, process, follow up on, and maintain records of all work orders for the Association.
Complaints and Communication
- Provide means of communication between owners and management.
- Maintain a log of all complaints, problems, etc. and ensure expedient handling of all complaints or problems.
- Have management personnel available to handle emergencies.
- Distribute newsletters periodically as required per contract.
- Assist Board with CCR/Governing document interpretation, compliance with Washington laws, and guidance for the Board drawing from our experience on all other issues associated with managing the Association.
- Conduct routine site inspections of the community for the purpose of identifying CCR/rule violations and checking on the performance of Association vendors per contract. Inspections are generally focused on seasonal demands like pool, landscape, drainage, and always include CCR compliance requirements and routine follow up of vendor activity and performance.
- CCR/Rule enforcement: Provide assistance to the Board of Directors to enforce all rules and regulations,
- CCR’s, etc. Kalles Property Management will note violations during on-site inspections and sends letters promptly to those in non-compliance approved by the Board of Directors.
Rules and Regulations
- Fully understand and administer the provisions contained in the condominium's governing documents as they relate to the management functions.
- Enforce the rules, (community rules, swimming pool rules, tennis court rules, clubhouse rules, declarations, and the Association's Rules & Regulations, etc.) and send compliance letters to owners as needed and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Recommend to the Board of Directors additional rules that need to be adopted as well as amendments to current rules that may not be realistic.
- Work on owner-to-owner relations regarding problems with noise, odors, use of common areas, appearance of individual units, children, pets, etc.
Maintenance Services Provided to Associations
- Handle maintenance calls received by our office. Work orders are issued to the proper vendor depending upon the nature of the work and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate the entire process of handling small maintenance issues in the community approved by the Board of Directors.
- Prepare bid specifications for larger jobs and oversee bid process.
- Obtain Bids from 3rd party vendors and provide routine maintenance per contract.
Please see our Association Maintenance Services page.